What is Permission to Study?
The Permission to Study (PTS) is an endorsement stamp on the student’s passport issued by the Malaysian Immigration Department allowing the holder to study at his/her selected school
Who is eligible to apply for Permission to Study?
Children of expatriates who are less than 18 years of age, and holding a valid Dependent Pass can apply for PTS
What documents are required to apply for Permission to Study?
The following documentation is required for a PTS application:
- A Permission to Study letter from the school addressed to the Malaysian Immigration Department where the Dependent Pass was issued.
- Student’s passport (original and copy)
- Parent’s passport (original and copy)
- A letter from the parent’s hiring company to support the application
- Student Personal Data form, which can be obtained from the Immigration office
Which authority issues the Permission to Study?
Similar to the Dependent Pass, the PTS is issued by the Expatiate Services Division of the Malaysian Immigration Department
How long can is the Permission to Study stamp valid for?
The validity of the Permission to Study will follow the validity of the Dependent Pass
If the Dependent Pass is cancelled, what will happen to the Permission to Study?
Normally, the PTS will cancel automatically as the PTS follows the validity of the Dependent Pass
If I have further questions, whom should I call?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 79325268